Temper tantrums! Just lovely in the middle of the supermarket or another crowded place. We cannot avoid all temper tantrums, however here are a few suggestions that can help reduce the possibilities of your child having one:
- Avoid being in situations that can make your child uncomfortable.
- Encourage your child to talk about his or her feelings. Try to understand the way they feel and suggest a few words that can help them describe it.
- Establish a daily routine so your child knows what to expect.
- Establish reasonable limits and don´t expect your child to be perfect.
- Have snacks on hand.
- Make sure your child is getting enough rest.
- Avoid spending a lot of time in places where your child has to stay still or without playing.
- Distract your child when you feel a tantrum is about to take place. Sometimes something as simple as showing them a picture can avoid a tantrum.